September 21, 2021
Preferred Location: Washington, DC (also offices in New York, NY and Raleigh, NC)
Preferred Career Level: Managing Director
You will report to the CEO in a critically important role for our high-growth start-up. You will pioneer a new role on the Demex executive team driving our revenue strategy, leading our sales and marketing initiatives, and executing deal-making that maximizes our enterprise value.
Learn more about Demex.
Contact us for more information or to apply! Reception@TheDemexGroup.com
As a part of our senior leadership team, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are quantitatively oriented with passion for helping businesses mitigate the financial impacts of a changing climate;
- Are driven to create new value-driven relationships that drive new lines of revenue and create enterprise value;
- Embrace a customer-focused action-oriented approach to your career;
- Are driven to connect customers to products that absorb financial volatility driven by increasingly chaotic fluctuations in the weather that are linked to climate change.
We know that you will be successful because:
- You love being part of a small team with close multi-functional ties from person to person.
- You despise organizational politics, and you devote every ounce of your time/energy/passion toward achieving your professional mission.
You will primarily be responsible for growing Demex’s value through increased revenue and deal-making.
More specifically you will:
- Lead all Growth of Demex, including but not limited to, sales, distribution partnerships, performance marketing, and innovation initiatives;
- Develop, lead, and execute on distribution partnerships that drive new revenue streams while taking bold, innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to advance Demex growth;
- Continually drive awareness to the brand and ensure strong market engagement through social media, growth marketing and thought leadership;
- Quantitatively enhance value of Demex marketing assets (website, digital, newsletters, etc.) working closely with our product, sales, climate, and economic experts;
- Measure challenges and successes to evolve and establish new value proposition for marketing assets at-large;
- Enhance sales competency to better value, manage and integrate Demex products/assets into growth in enterprise, distribution partnerships and future rounds of investment;
- Constantly evaluate the entire product portfolio and marketing assets against strategic goals and map against key target audience segments, identify gaps, and possible efficiencies;
- Collaborate across the executive team to align strategy and develop revenue and partnership models with product and brand objectives to achieve more targeted and measurable goals at greater scale.
Your day-to-day activities will consist of:
- Collaborating with Demex executive team to develop and measure growth strategy;
- Leading sales and marketing teams on day-to-day execution;
- Collaborating with product, climate, and economic experts to develop thought leadership, social media, and marketing strategy;
- Execute, as an individual performer, on the development of assets to support growth strategy;
- Develop relationships with customers, distribution-partners, and partners for innovation with an eye toward supporting our growth strategy.
Your Core Competencies
The position requires a postgraduate education (or commensurate experience) in a quantitative field along with 8-12 years of experience working in growth marketing or sales. Venture-backed start-up experience is highly preferred with a focus in insurtech or fintech.
You must demonstrate expertise in:
- Business software systems including MS Office and MS Teams;
- Written, in-person and in-presentation communication;
- Virtual-office communication and teamwork in a hybrid-office culture;
- Sales leadership;
- Data empowered growth marketing;
- Multicultural team leadership;
- Diplomacy, strategy, and decision-making skills;
- Ability to lead initiatives and influence outcomes across all lines of business without direct authority over staff;
- Ability to optimize challenges that stem from our diverse stakeholders and founders. Our stakeholders form a diverse and visionary team, some of whom view financial climate resilience as their contribution to future generations, others who place highest-value on elegant analytic solutions, and others who thrive in the tactical realities of revenue creation and shareholder value.
- Experience scaling venture-backed companies is preferred;